Reposted with permission. Originally on facebook.
1) There is nothing essentially wrong with Psychiatry: When I had my depression and was feeling suicidal, My love for my wife and not wanting to leave her alone was greater than my apprehension and fear of Psychiatry. My psychiatrist was always there for me when I needed her and I would have never gotten through that part of my life without her. I’m sure that there are also Psychiatrists who are assholes but then again, asshole-ism is career independent
2) There is also nothing essentially wrong with Scientology; (The subject, not the “church”) c’mon, is The Xenu story really any more outrageous than Virgin Birth, Noah and the Ark or The Parting of the Red Sea? Looking up words in the dictionary is probably a good idea and clay demos
are mostly harmless
3) Freedom of religion does not give anybody the right to hold someone hostage, fair game them or do any of the other shenanigans that we all know that OSA is doing; I’ve heard so many time that The First Amendment does not give one the right to cry fire in a crowded theater. If someone were to use a defense for murder that they were a Mayan and were exercising their freedom of religion by performing a human sacrifice,
they would still hopefully get a needle in their arm
4) There is nothing in Scientology that isn’t already someplace else; Check the Kabalah, I-Ching, Tao de Ching, Torah, Bhagavad Gita or any of the many Self-Help, Religious or Philosophical books sitting on the shelf. Go watch What the Bleep do we Know? Marley Matlin is much better looking than Ron
5) Miscavige’s height has nothing to do with anything; Holding hostages, Fair gaming, breaking up families and their general harassment does. Asshole-ism is hight independent
6) Most Scientologists are good people who want to make a difference in the world; I really wanted to make a difference (I still do) and just as I was, these people are really mis-guided. It was really hard for me when I finally realized that I had been duped, it will be hard for others too! These people are going to need our understanding, compassion and friendship
7) The Church of Scientology will fail per it’s own policies; Didn’t Hubbard say in Science of Survival that when children become unimportant to a society, that society has forfeited it’s future? Well, what do you call forced abortions? What do you call some of the stuff that the people are posting about on the ESK site? I cried when I read what was done to some of those kids and that I was responsible because I had empowered
The Church for all those years.
8) Scientology has no idea of the power of the Internet nor has any idea of how to use it; I remember that the first policy of the Church of Scientology is to maintain friendly relationships with the community. They are not doing this at least in regards to the On-Line Community. That is how they provoked Anonymous! Before demanding websites
or videos be taken down someone at OSA should Google The Barbara Streisand Effect and then apply that policy. They won’t though because they have totally underestimated the power of the Internet. Hubbard dropped dead before he could tell them all how to use it.
9) Dislike of Scientology has reached “The Tipping Point;” Take a look at the book by Malcolm Gladwell. The hard work of the critic community as well as years of OSA blunders have had an exponential effect,creating its own antagonism. Scientology is going down, and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.
10) The religion of Scientology will probably be with us forever; The present church will be
gone though. The stuff is out there though and you just can’t close the box. After the Church is long gone however, there will still be someone who finds a Creation of Human Ability book at a used book store or estate sale and try to do the procedures in the book with a friend. Thats OK, some of the stuff may be useful, If delivered in a
different context that is! A context without Fair Game, the RPF, disconnection and Internet Harassment!
Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry.