M3/M3GreatRiffs: Relentless comment spamming, artificial subscriber generation, via hundreds of dummy youtube accountsPosted: February 22, 2017
I’m sure you came across his comment from one of a few hundred youtube accounts, telling you he makes vlogs too, that he checked out your channel, then gave the video a like, or moved his channel. Unfortunately, it’s a load of crap. He never checked out your videos or channel, he never gave it a ‘like’ either.
More than likely that comment of his, quoted below, ended up in the “suspected spam” section of your comments area. It never publicly made it on your video, because well, it is in fact… Spam.
His two scripted comments:
Nice buddy, been checking out your stuff, I gave your vid here a like! You ing alright today? I do vlogs myself, if you wanna check them out, I’m trying to be pretty consistent with putting them out. They’re here: https://www.youtube.com/user/M3GreatRiffs keep up the good work!
That’s cool buddy, I gave you a like. You have some good vids, been watching for awhile. How long have you been doing the Youtube thing? I do vlogs myself, I’ve been trying to be pretty consistent. I had to move my channel, if you’d like you can check it out here:https://www.youtube.com/user/M3GreatRiffs Subscribe if you like me!
If you see any of the quoted comments above, just do a web search. You will be quite surprised by the sheer amount of accounts used (far more than what shows up) by him, and checking his channel out, he has far less views. That sums it up quite obviously.
Using deception and lies is the worst way to “gain” subscribers, and that is exactly what he is doing, along with paying for subscribers using a number of paid services, only 2-5% actually watch his videos, or just watched one and moved on.
Now for the last part: Call him out. I did so with four videos, and I haven’t seen anymore spam from him ever since. Besides that, I took it a step further to educate others who were mislead by his bots, by replying to their comments on his channel. He deleted them at first, then after I persisted (when he wasn’t online, it’s easy to tell) to reply again after he deleted them multiple times, he blocked me.
Anyways, that is all I gotta say about the guy. He won’t last, he won’t have real subscribers in the millions. He needs help, maybe a shrink. But I won’t go any further, I don’t believe in insulting him, and I shall move on.
Don’t just toss it out/recycle it yet, try these simple steps instead! Chances are it just needs some tender loving care (TLC). If the blades spin really slowly, or the motor is making a loud buzz or humming, that is a definite sign that it needs maintenance in order for it to provide you with a very long service life, both in the sweltering hot summer, and freezing cold winter.
You will need the following tools and supplies:
- Screwdrivers (most common being a Phillips. Flat/slot for the tabs)
- Lubricant (3-in-1*, transformer or mineral/baby oil)
- Eyedropper or syringe (a long-nose will be easiest, if the rear is behind plastic)
Steps (space heater):
- Turn off and unplug the unit.
- Remove all of the screws holding the enclosure together.
- Use the eyedropper or syringe to pickup some lubricant. (SKIP to 4 if using 3-in-1 oil)
- Put some lubricant on the ring just behind the blades. You will need 10-20 drops.
- Now give them a quick spin by hand to the right and left, including a gentle wiggle back and forth. This will free up the rotor spine if stiff. They should now spin easily without stopping.
- Now add 10-20 drops (or a stream) of lubricant to the rear of the motor. If it’s behind the plastic, the long-nose syringe or eyedropper will come in handy, or the stem of the 3-in-1 oil canister.
- Give it yet another quick spin in both directions (to the right and left).
- Now re-assemble the enclosure by putting the screws back in.
- Plug in and power it on using the FAN ONLY setting. If it spins/whirs up to speed, you are good to go.
Steps (standing/desk fan):
- Turn off and unplug the fan.
- Remove the front cage, most have slide-locks.
- Loosen the center fastener (left to loosen, right to tighten, or left if reverse-threaded) and remove the blades. You may have to tug them loose.
- Remove the rear spacer by turning it left (if reverse-threaded, turn it right)
- If there are screws holding the rear cage to the base, unscrew them. If not SKIP this step.
- Remove the rear cage.
- Carefully unscrew and remove the button for the oscillation switch.
- Remove the power/speed adjuster switch. SKIP this if it’s a desk fan.
- Remove the screws to the enclosure. If it has tabs holding it closed, carefully use a flat-heat screwdriver to release them.
- Remove the enclosure. It should come off easily.
- Use the eyedropper or syringe to pickup some lubricant. (SKIP to if using 3-in-1 oil)
- Add 10-20 drops, or a stream, of lubricant to the front and rear parts of the motor, then re-attach the blades and give them a spin in both directions by hand. They should spin freely. Now remove the blades.
- Begin to re-assemble the enclosure, snapping any tabs in place, and replacing any screws.
- Replace the oscillation switch and screw it back on.
- If it’s a standing model, reattach the power/speed adjusting switch.
- Reattach the rear cage (and screws if applicable), and screw on the rear spacer.
- Attach the blades back on the spine, and tighten the fastener.
- Plug it in, power it on using low, medium and high settings. If the blades spin at the proper speed, turn it off and replace the front cage, latching it on.
Steps (box fan):
- Turn off and unplug the fan.
- Remove the screws holding the rear cage on, then remove the cage.
- Add 10-20 drops of lubricant to the rear of the motor, and to the front spine/ring just behind the blades.
- Spin the blades right and left, giggle them forwards and backwards. This frees up anything that might be jamming them, pushing the lubricant further inside.
- Replace the rear cage, then replace the screws.
- Plug in and turn on the fan, set it to HIGH, then medium/low. If the blades spin/whir up normally, it’s good to go.
I hope this saved you from discarding an otherwise functioning standing/desk fan or space heater. If it still didn’t work even after lubricating it, then it’s best to bring it to your local electronics recycling agency. DO NOT toss it into the trash, as it is irresponsible and harmful to the environment.
Feel free to share this blog post with anyone. It could save them allot of money, including keeping otherwise working electronics out of the landfill.
Let’s just say I performed at a great concert to start things off, then once it ended, all of the footage got stolen along with the camcorder. Big time letdown, and it sucked to lose some other footage I was supposed to upload the week prior. Replacement unit was acquired the next week, same make, different model.
I now have two lovely little kittens, which will grow up to be some nice kitties. The last time I had cats was over 18 years ago. Time for a change! I got plenty of video footage from the digital camera and camcorder to share once put together. They are adorable!
Besides that, I acquired another great device, a BlackBerry Passport. Handy, large enough and satisfying. Don’t need an android device due to the fact of having an xperia m4. S S have the best of both worlds. Efficiency, security and of course, play time. He he he.
In other not so odd news, my oldest, most used bike pumps recently stopped working a few days ago, so I did what I could to perform maintenance on it (you can practically take apart most of it), but it was no use, the air stopper flap or piece was torn, or worn out. But I have a spare pump thankfully, and the best part: The parts are interchangeable. Meaning I can replace anything worn out. Hose, Latch, gauge and valve!
Last but not least, if I intend to venture outside of Canada, that passport of mine needs renewal, otherwise I will be going through a ton of paperwork to apply for a new one. Don’t need that!
That’s about all I need to write about. It doesn’t really require a video blog, as some things just cannot be described in Video form. Cheers, thanks for giving this a read! My kitties say meow!
Atkinson-Baker and Scientology, somebody is very butthurt and trying to wipe it off the face of the internetPosted: June 15, 2016
There is a quote and it shall be here: Nothing ever gets erased, deleted, purged or white-washed off of the internet.
Apparently Atkinson-Baker thinks they can remove their ties with the cult of Scientology. Uh oh, better lawyer up! it’s not going to happen anytime soon.
A scientology reddit section is making headlines too, and the ones trying to get it removed simply because the name is used in conjunction with scientology, is really becoming quite the lulz fest.
Scientology can never ever EVER take this information down. It never will happen. No matter how many front groups they use, or complaints they make. NOTHING comes down from the internet.
Sorry “church”, but this ain’t happening. Suck on a long one for us, suppressive jerkinovs.
Why We Protest forums thread https://whyweprotest.net/threads/atkinson-baker-is-scientology-scientology-is-atkinson-baker.131872/
Topic on the scientology subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/scientology/comments/2z7n0q/personal_story_of_interviewing_for_atkinsonbaker/
Truth about Scientology website: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/s/sheila-atkinson-baker.html
Career bliss: https://www.careerbliss.com/atkinson-baker/reviews/
Leaving scientology blog: https://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/the-enablers/
Ex-scientologist message board: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?42081-Atkinson-Baker-and-Scientology
Our Home website exposing the front group: http://www.our-home.org/alanatkinson-baker/
Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry.
Many thanks for feedback on typos noticed. Very thankful. Fighting and exposing this insidious cult isn’t easy. We must all do it together! 1951-PRESENT!
The big three have done this in the past (about six to eight years ago) on student plans and some others, then they started gouging people by eliminating those and charging by the megabyte (and gigabytes depending), forcing people to be extremely careful about using their data and not to go over their cap/bucket/quota/limit. More or less to force them to use wi-fi when available (not many places offer it, which is a shame. Either it’s locked, requires a registration, or payment to use).
It’s now 2016, and US carriers (including those in other parts of the world), are offering unlimited data, some with a bundle of another service, and others as it is. Windmobile did this in 2009, and they have been growing since that time, same for mobilicity. The only two carriers to even OFFER unlimited data usage.
So why can’t rogers (fido/chat-r), bell (virgin) and telus (koodo) do this? What is stopping them? They have the spectrum and capacity, they have the surplus funding to do it, and tit’s not like they will EVER run into revenue problems down the road.
Only congestion, during peak times that is, in BIG cities, especially downtown areas and during big events such as big sports events, festivals and concerts (which promote social media use, big time). But I’m sure they can avoid congestion by putting their extra hoarded spectrum to use. 😉
As for the “fastest network in canada” claim, it’s simply not realistic. It never will be. Wired internet connections can and will beat that. Mark my words. Just do a speed test to prove it, during peak times.
Okay, so whoever works at bell, rogers and telus, listen up, and start doing something to compete. We canadians are sick of the gouging. $90/GB? Come on, get real. Nobody charges that anymore. Abolish your overages!! SERIOUSLY!!
Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry.
Hey everybody! I wanted to bring something up, and it’s not an easy thing for anyone to talk about, or witness, due to it impacting on any productive things one does on a daily basis: Sleeping in way too much!
So from what I can tell you here, is likely from some experience, including being a heavy to light sleeper myself, to some people’s parents averaging a total of 12-16 hours of sleep in total, every day. Understanding is one thing, but willfully not wanting to wake up when there are things to do, tasks to be completed, housework to be done… It can all fall behind into a backlog!
Maybe there is some other underlying problem, could it be depression or some other mental health disorder? I think so. Occasionally I get/feel the blues, but that doesn’t stop me from hauling my butt out of bed. I do that, I remain awake, alert and I keep the brain of mine occupied.
Remember this: We are not animals that hibernate for months on end! We have a family to raise, a job to go to, and work to be done, even if it’s once a day! There’s books to read, exercise to be done, even if it’s as cold as an ice cave outside. We have to keep going on.
What I can suggest and advise, is to talk to somebody especially if the oversleeping, or willful oversleeping (you don’t want to get out of bed at all!) Is becoming a big problem! DON’T deny it. You need that help. It’s a little something that can improve everything for your own well-being and health.
Anyways, just wanted to make a new post, to indicate that this blog is not “dead” at all.
Cheers! Feel free to share/e-mail this post.
Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry.
Here’s to another random blog entry!
Okay, since I get work every two months, and the shifts last about a week and a half, sometimes more, I have too much time in between. It’s been driving me nuts. I just don’t know what to do, this weather is also influencing what I can do outdoors. I wish it was warmer out. But there isn’t much that can be done about it. Dress warmer, efficiently, exercise more. Maybe even game more, aside from gamer’s itch, I could be making use of that Wii or Xbox 360 I came across, but lack the controllers for one, the battery pack/unit for the other.
Hate staying at home during bad/undesirable weather, what more can I do? I have to keep thinking this shit over every single hour of every day. That and the downness I feel when i’m not kept busy. Downright depressing shit that sucks the energy and encouragement/enthusiasm out of me.
I do have another thing to finally talk about in the next blog entry, but that will be on a later date and time. It’ll be the best thing to get off of my chest and into the public domain.
I could take on more temporary work (best option, for my own good) up until that time approaches, more or less the morning/day shift. I have to keep using my time and energy in a non-wasteful manner , to stay productive in a way, to stay positive. After all, I have to stay active and keep my mind healthy, or i’ll go crazy in a sense. Now I don’t need that happening. I don’t need to do something stupid and lose everything.
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this. Didn’t feel like putting it into a video blog. Writing feels better at this time.
Published with wordpress for android, Jellybean run time on BlackBerry 10.